Can it be? 2016 is almost over! It’s amazing to me how fast each year goes by. And many of us engage in the practice of making a list of what we want to get done in the next year. The “Resolutions” list.
Admit it! You’ve done it. Some of you even write them down. You cross off a few. And by February you’ve lost the list.
Some of you have a mental list. That’s easier to dispose of since you don’t even have to lose it. You can just quietly forget about it.
OK, I’m be being a little hard on you. Actually, I’m being hard on me. I have done this over and over. My resolving is a habit. But, to be fair, I have done some of what I resolved. But some things keep showing up, year after year. Ah, some day, I will have the old things done and will start the new year with a fresh list.
Optimism is what we need. An optimistic view. We can do this. Yes, we can!
So, this year, let me help you with a basic ready-made
Resolutions List for My Marriage
I Resolve to Love my spouse, not just in word but in action.
- I will look for ways to demonstrate my love to my spouse.
- I will actively seek what tangible acts I can do to show my love.
- I will make a point of saying “I love You” every day.
I hereby RESOLVE to love my spouse.
I Resolve to Forgive my spouse.
- Let this be the year I truly let go of anything I am harboring against my spouse.
- I will forgive my spouse.
- I will just “Let it go.”
- I will pray for God to give me the grace to forgive as I have been forgiven.
I hereby RESOLVE to forgive my spouse.
I Resolve to take time with my spouse.
- I will spend quality time with my spouse each week.
- I will get a babysitter if needed to get alone time with my spouse.
- I will not allow my time with my spouse to be second, third, or fourth on my priority list.
- My time with my spouse will be number one.
- I will plan a weekend away once every three months.
- I will plan a week away once this year.
I hereby RESOLVE to spend time with my spouse.
I Resolve to work on my marriage.
- I will make my marriage a priority.
- I will work on better communication.
- I will read a book or two on marriage.
- I will attend a marriage seminar.
- I will make every effort to make my marriage better this year than last.
I hereby RESOLVE to work on my marriage.
That’s a great start!
Prayerfully consider the above list and modify if you must, but do RESOLVE to get closer to the wonderful spouse the Lord has given you.